Friday, January 26, 2007

WHO: Xoltar, Xandor and Xara
WHERE: "Off the Beaten Path" Cantina

Xoltar: "Look, I'm telling you, this is a SURE thing!"

Xara: "I'm not interested in another one of your hair-brained schemes Xoltar. The last time we tried one of those, I lost half my savings and worse - I was stuck in a tight packing container with you for 4 days!" As she finishes, she rolls her eyes and sighs looking in the direction of the bar.

Xandor to Xara: "What's wrong? Why do you keep looking over at the bar?"

Xara: "That guy keeps checking me out and I don't like it."

Xoltar: "Come on, you should be flattered by the attention. You're a good looking woman. That's why you make yourself so pretty, isn't it? So you can attract attention from the opposite sex. That's why you got yourself stuck in that packing crate with me." Xoltar shoots her a goofy grin.

Xara: "Look Xoltar, you aren't too pretty to begin with. Or smart. If you don't stop talking I'm gonna give you a face even your mother won't love." Xara pauses and gives a look of disgust. "Oh great! He's coming over here."

The handsome stranger comes over and gives a cocky grin: "Hey pretty lady. I couldn't help but notice you. Can I buy you a drink?"

Xara: "No thanks. I'm out with my friends tonight."

Handsome stranger: "I'd like to be your friend." Another cocky grin.

Xara: "Look jerky, I said I'm not..."

Xoltar: "Don't worry Xara, I'll take care of this." Xoltar stands up, turns and faces the handsome stranger. "Dang this guy is good looking!" Xoltar thinks to himself then shakes his head clear. He gives the handsome stranger a tough look. "Excuse me, but the lady said..."

The last thing he remembers is the pain in his nose...

===================================

"...Wow, what a shot! I can't believe you took him out with one hit!" says one patron.

"It was nothing. Just some simple self-defense techniques I learned a few years back." says a familiar voice.

Xoltar slowly comes back to consciousness and his brain tries to process what his eyes are seeing. Broken table. Smashed glass. Someone else unconscious on the ground. "What happened here?" he thinks to himself.

Xandor reaches down and gives a helping hand. Xoltar slowly gets up and sits in his chair again. Seeing more clearly now he notices that the "someone else on the ground" is the handsome stranger - "Dang, not so handsome now."

Xoltar to Xandor: "Thanks for stepping in and standing up for Xara. I don't know what happened. That guy must have sucker punched me when I had my back turned. Whatever you did to that guy - he deserved it."

Xandor: "Me!? I didn't do anything. Xara moved like lightning. Before you even hit the ground, she was up and on him. He saw her coming but he didn't stand a chance. She took one shot at him and it was over. Kind of like what happened to you but more fierce."

Xoltar looks over at Xara with a confused look on his face. "You're welcome", she says and flashes him one of her sweetest smiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home